dinsdag 26 mei 2015

Kenwood TM-D700 control head cable.

Recently I've changed my mobile tranceiver from a Kenwood TM-D700 to a Yaesu FTM-400D.

With all the cables of the old installation still in the car, I needed a new separation cable to connect the control head on my TM-D700. After some hours looking for the proper layout of such a cable I've just found some text and no pictures. And because pictures say more than words I've made a picture for all of you.

Kenwood TM-D700 control head cable. 
RJ10 on one side for the control head (top), RJ11 on the other side for the transceiver (below).

4 opmerkingen:

  1. It is wrong, the side for the transceiver is RJ12 connector (6 pin).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Look at the bottom connector. It is wider than the 4 pin connector on top. If you look closely at the bottom connector, you can see the blank places where an additional two wires would fit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. @gerardo ramon & @invictus7964, you are correct. RJ11 and RJ12 are the same dimensions. RJ12 with 4 copper pins are sold as RJ11. SO in my case I've bought them as RJ11, if they would have 6 copper pins it would have been RJ12. It probably doesn't matter. Both will work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Is it true a RJ11 can be used in place of the RJ12?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen